Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ocean & Mountains

21.5"x 21.5" Sold
Dye on Silk
My husband is a commercial Salmon fisherman here in Alaska. We fish on a setnet beach site on the Westside of the Cook Inlet. It is a remote area only accessible by boat or charter plane. Before we go to the Westside, we spend May at our small cabin in Anchor Pt, Alaska which is near Homer, Alaska. We will spend the summer fishing and return to Texas for the winter. While on the Westside, I will not have Internet service, it is too remote.
Last week I took a Silk painting Workshop in Homer. What a stimulating 4 hr. class! I have had experience in silk painting which helped since I knew how to use the dyes and what I wanted to do. It was a chance to expand and explore the wonderful creative process of dye on silk.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the color and loose design of this one. It is a beautiful landscape with big clean shapes.

    ReplyDelete