Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall on the Anchor River, Alaska by Jill Randall

Fall on the Anchor River, Alaska by Jill Randall
5"x7"  Pastel
This small pastel is of the Anchor River which is a famous salmon river. I took this photo last fall when the cottonwood and birch trees turn yellow gold. The fireweed and grasses add reds and oranges. The evergreen spruce trees add the greens and smoky blues. Fall is always a lovely season in Alaska.
We are back in Texas after a two week drive down through western Canada and down through the central west part of the U.S. My husband and I enjoyed camping in the National and State parks in Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. Now that I am back in Texas, I look forward to painting the Fall colors here.
Jill Randall







2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were back. You will have to join us. I love your fall colors in this one.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has beautiful bright colors. Love it.

    ReplyDelete