Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chalk Mountain Road by Jill Randall

Chalk Mountain Road by Jill Randall
8”x 16” oil on Raymar Canvas
The low water crossing on Chalk Mt. road is near Glen Rose, Texas.  I started this painting a year ago, but didn’t like the results but did want to paint the scene.  I sanded it lightly and painted over the original using my reference photos.  I worked on it all week and wiped it out three times.  Finally I complained to my friend Sheri Jones about my problems with color harmony.  She suggested that I mix up my gray first then add some of it to my other color mixtures.  I took her advice and the painting seem to paint itself.  I was so pleased I didn’t have to go through another wipe-out or chuck the painting.  Thanks Sheri.
7jrand@gmail.com
www.cfai.co/jillrandall
 


2 comments:

  1. Isn't mud grand...I always keep it on my palette! This is one of your best works in my humble opinion. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it turned out beautifully. I love your soft warm colors.

    ReplyDelete