Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Tree Cat by Jill Randall


Christmas Tree Cat by Jill Randall
5”x7” oil on canvas (sold)
C.T.  is a handsome coon cat belonging to my precious granddaughter.  A rescue kitten, he was her Christmas present several years ago.  When asked to name the kitten, she insisted on Christmas Tree.  My son was not sure what to do with such a non cat-like name. It doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.  Since she would not consider any other name, they settled on C.T. 
My granddaughter started half day Kindergarten this year.  When I was visiting this fall, my son pointed out how C.T. waits at the window at noon for her to get off the yellow school bus.  I asked C.T. what he was doing at the window.  He turned with a patient, but longing look in his eyes as if to say, “Waiting for the bus.” 

2 comments:

  1. I love this kitty painting! It is so realistic and well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's our CT!!! (Attitude and all!). You truely captured him on canvas Jill. Now, "where's that bus?".

    ReplyDelete