Friday, February 15, 2013

Morning Bluebonnets (sold) by Jill Randall
11”x14” oil on Raymar Canvas Panel
Last year the bluebonnets received the spring rains at the right time and were glorious in our Granbury area.  When I go out painting on location, I go with a group or with my artist friend, Sheri Jones.  I did this painting from pastel sketches I did on location; as well as painting from memory and from a photo reference of a place on a country road near Glen Rose, Texas. It was a beautiful, calm spring sunrise.  The golden sun, the new greens, and the blanket of bluebonnets were so inspiring. It was such a joy to be outside in a remote area painting nature.
 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jill. I love the soft blues and hint of the hillside. Nice sunrise. I like seeing the reference photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill. This is another great painting! I love the softness and atmosphere of this one. See you this week at Jill's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly! Just looking at this puts my mind at ease. It pulls you in. I want to be there. Coming back down to earth now, technically Jill, you are really using color impressively.
    Thanks for the experience!
    TR

    ReplyDelete