Thursday, March 7, 2013

Morning Blues by Jill Randall


Morning Blues by Jill Randall
8”x16” oil on canvas
Last year was such a great year for bluebonnets near Glen Rose, Texas.  I used my pastel sketches and a reference photo but also relied on my vivid memory of this particular area.  Sheri Jones and I set up our paints by the side of the road and looked out over fields of bluebonnets.  It was a lovely sunny, but calm day, a perfect spring day for Texas.  When we took a break to eat our packed lunch, I looked at Sheri and said, “It doesn’t get any better than this for an artist.”  I still remember it as one of the best plein air painting days ever.

3 comments:

  1. Your joy came thru the painting! I love the light coming over the far hill. I miss painting out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great one Jill. You are really having quite the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful landscape. it's a winner. It was an awesome day and a great memory.

    ReplyDelete