Wednesday, May 13, 2015

River View by Jill Randall

River View by Jill Randall
6x8 pastel
 
I have taken some time off from Blogging, but feel like it is time to get back to it.
This is a view of the Brazos River from my friend Janice's house.  My painting buddy, Sheri Jones and I went several times to this lovely spot.
Now I am in Alaska for the summer.  I will continue my work in pastel since that is what I brought with me.  I feel that I am learning more each time I work with them.  One thing that has helped is doing the under painting wash to put in my darks.  As my friend Sheri says, "You are losing your darks again!" 
 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I like it very much. Please visit my site Yahoo contact number

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rohini, I appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful soft touch. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete